Executive Officer1 position
The job holder will be reporting to Syarikat P Cube Sendirian Berhad, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Brunei Economic Development Board. The job holder at this level will be involved in conducting feasibility studies as well as supporting managers in making appropriate recommendations within a focused area, in particular Public Private Partnership (PPP). The job holder will work within well-defined instructions and deadlines in their assigned areas under the direction and supervision of more senior team members. He/She may also be assigned to a specialised area, either in project development, project management or project monitoring.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Perform feasibility studies including data gathering and preparation of feasibility reports to support managers in making recommendations for the project.
- Plan, organise and prioritise own workload such that resources are used effectively and work is completed within set deadlines.
- Deal with external contacts to collect data and information where appropriate.
- Develop a thorough understanding and appreciation of PPP concept, framework, policies as well as any other related policies and procedures.
- Participate in specific projects, allocated by Management, within set terms of reference and defined processes.
- Develop own professional expertise through optimising on-the-job and formal training opportunities and/or formal professional qualifications.
- Coordinate effectively the resources to achieve the overall department objectives.
- Exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way.
- Produce good quality standard work, e.g. reports, presentations, etc.
- May hold responsibilities of any or higher level position from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subjects (preferably in Business and Finance or Engineering)
- Computer literacy.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic organisation and planning ability.
- Fluent Malay and English language skills (oral and written).
A comprehensive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate depending on qualification and experience. Only Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents of Brunei Darussalam need apply.
Please complete the Application for Employment Form together with your full resume, a recent passport-sized photograph and copies of relevant supporting documentation, and submit the application on or before 5.00 p.m. on Friday, 29 April 2022.
Please send the completed form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager, Legal1 position
Jobholder is expected to provide guidance and advice on straightforward to moderately complex issues within their own area of legal specialism whilst delivering advice to the required standards expected of his/her grade.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Responds to straightforward requests for advice both in verbal and written form.
- Interprets straightforward specialised legal issues and offers advice in such a way as to offer a solution or solutions to the particular problems or issues.
- Liaises with relevant internal departments to identify issues where legal advice is required.
- Works with relevant internal departments to raise awareness of the need to ask for and receive legal advice.
- Applies organizational policy and procedures in providing professional legal guidance and support to colleagues and internal clients.
- Works with seniors to improve own professional capability and knowledge.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal contracts and documents that are under BEDB.
- May hold responsibilities of higher level position from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The jobholder should minimally possess the following:-
- Bachelor of Law or Juris Doctor in Law from a recognized university located in a common law country with a 2:2 equivalent grade or higher;
- At least five (5) years’ sound relevant knowledge and experience in advising, negotiating and drafting of legal documents;
- Independent and motivated personality with ability to regularly work beyond normal working hours;
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and presentation skills; and
- Demonstrate strong leadership and decision making skills.
Candidates with any or all of the following are preferred:
- Completion of a solicitors legal practice course, bar professional training course or equivalent;
- Experience in cross border transactions;
- At least two (2) years’ experience in any of the following areas of law:
- Project and infrastructure (particularly delivery/construction);
- Energy and resources; and
- Business and company transactions.
Please complete the Application for Employment Form together with your full resume, a recent passport-sized photograph and copies of relevant supporting documentation to the following address:
Human Resources & Administration Unit
The Brunei Economic Development Board
Level 4, Ministry of Finance & Economy
Bandar Seri Begawan BB3910
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.