- MANAGER, FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT PROMOTION - 1 Position
EXECUTIVE OFFICER, FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT PROMOTION - 1 Position
1. MANAGER, FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT PROMOTION
The role holder is responsible for executing and monitoring the sales and marketing of products under their department by engaging and attracting clients/investors.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Develops a thorough understanding of the departmental policies, procedures and practice in the BEDB in order to be fully competent to undertake own role.
- Responsible for developing and executing sales and marketing strategies to achieve targets and objectives.
- Acquires and maintains sound knowledge of the industries within the target business clusters.
- Responsible for ensuring a high quality, seamless relationship with clients that is synonymous with the experience that the BEDB is seeking to provide.
- Responsible for analysing sales’ effectiveness in terms of overall strategic fit.
- Responsible for development and motivation of a successful team, to maximise successful performance.
- Manages the administrative parts of sales activities.
- Directly manages designated accounts within the portfolio.
- Acts as a main point of contact between BEDB and clients.
- Checks and verifies work completed by staff either directly or indirectly under own supervision, ensuring outputs are of the required standard.
- Produces management and ad hoc reports that set out implications of actions and recommends way forward.
- Develops clear and concise documentation to identify processes, problems and action plans.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Foreign Direct Investment, Economics, Marketing (or higher in similar field or equivalent) with at least 8 – 10 years’ relevant working experience.
- Experience in Foreign Direct Investment, or similar industry will be an advantage.
The role holder is responsible for executing the sales and marketing of products under their department by engaging and attracting clients/investors.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Schedules work on a day to day basis to enable daily targets are met, ensuring necessary resources are allocated to meet objectives.
- Undertakes information gathering, research and analysis of data as requested to provide relevant advice and information.
- Acquires sound knowledge of the industries within the assigned target business cluster.
- Works with foreign investors to facilitate the submission of the Investment Proposal Brief (IPB) in relation to their proposed investment into Brunei Darussalam by providing further data and information required to build and complete the IPB.
- Build relationship and maintain rapport with relevant government departments and external agencies in order to maximize opportunities and to ensure that projects pursued are in line with the nation’s objectives.
- Prepare and provide requested information pertaining to FDI activities to departments within the BEDB as well as external agencies as and when needed.
- Facilitate foreign investors visit to Brunei Darussalam and arrange meetings with the relevant government departments during the preliminary stage of the project.
- Prepares the initial recommendation of individual investor profiles to identify viable opportunities, and follows these through to submission to FAST.
- Responsible for delivering presentations to potential foreign direct investors.
- Contribute to the achievement of the departmental objectives.
- Proactively monitors the development of business proposals.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of the work produced.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Foreign Direct Investment, Economics, Marketing (or higher in similar field or equivalent) with at least 2 years’ relevant working experience.
- Experience in Foreign Direct Investment, or similar industry will be an advantage
- Demonstrate strong organisational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent business and technical writing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capable of managing multiple projects.
- May be required to work beyond office hours or during weekends.
- A comprehensive and attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate depending on qualification, age and experience.
- Open to only Brunei Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Please complete the Application for Employment Form together with your full resume, a recent passport-sized photograph and copies of relevant supporting documentation on or before Friday, 26 April 2019 at 5.00pm to the following address:
Head of Human Resource & Administration
The Brunei Economic Development Board
Block 2D, Bangunan Kerajaan, Jalan Kumbang Pasang
Bandar Seri Begawan BA1311